Friday, September 3, 2004

Kerry hits back

Via Kos (he got a transcript):

[. . .]

We all saw the anger and distortion of the Republican convention. For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander in chief. Well, here's my answer. I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq.

The vice president even called me unfit for office last night. I guess I'll leave it up to the voters whether five deferments makes someone more qualified to defend this nation than two tours of duty.

[. . .]


Go get 'em, Big John.

Kos is experiencing technical glitches. I'll have the link up later.

Update: 06:05:

Finally. Read the speech here.

No comments: