Thursday, January 20, 2005

La Cage Aux Spongebob

From Gadflyer:
What, according to the American Family Association, is the greatest threat to our nation? Terrorism? Environmental degredation? Poverty? Greed? Not even close.

It's Spongebob Squarepants, and his insidious tolerance of diversity. Damn you, Spongebob!

Let's let the folks at the American Family Association tell you exactly what this means: "It is as unprecedented as it is cunning, using all the right words and happiest faces in an attempt to speak directly to the nation's children about 'tolerance and diversity.' Once again, of course, those ideas include homosexual advocacy."

First they came for Tinky Winky, and I did not speak up, because I couldn't stand the Teletubbies. Then they came for Spongebob, and I did not speak up, because I thought he was overexposed anyway. Then when Kermit the Frog and Snuffelupagus kidnapped me and I woke up in a leather bar wearing chaps, there was no one left to speak for me...

Damn, I hate when that happens!

No comments: