Friday, February 11, 2005

Get Kinky, Texas

As you have no doubt heard, Kinky Friedman, entertainer, raconteur, and mystery writer, is running for governor of Texas in an attempt to unseat Rick "Kneel In Awe At The Power Of My Hair" Perry and bring some sanity and spirituality to a corrupt state.

As leader of "Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys", he is noted for such songs as "Asshole From El Paso" (I'm proud to be an asshole from El Paso) and lotsa others. He has churned out carefully crafted 18 mystery novels as well.

I have been a fan for thirty years since my buddy Steve of Storz Performance turned me on to him. Shameless plug for Steve.

Go visit Kinky's site. Click around. Be sure to visit his store. Here's a quote:
I'm a Jew, I'll hire good people.

“If elected, I would ask Willie Nelson to be the head of the Texas Rangers and Laura Bush to take charge of education in the state. I'd ask my Palestinian hairdresser, Farouk Shami, to be Texas ' ambassador to Israel . We've worked together to create Farouk & Friedman olive oil. The oil comes from the Holy land and all of the profits go to benefit Israeli and Palestinian children.”

C'mon, Texas, do the right thing for once. You owe us big time.

Straight from Kinky: "May the God of your choice bless you."

No comments: