Monday, March 14, 2005

Bad call

On my part and many others.

Poole, 18, was arrested last month on a charge of terroristic threatening. Authorities said he had made threats against students, teachers and police.

Poole's grandmother found the writings at their Winchester home and was worried enough to call police.

In an interview after his arrest, Poole told WLEX-TV (Channel 18) that he had simply written a fictional story about zombies taking over an unidentified high school. [my emphasis]

[. . .]


Like any free speech advocate (and writer), I jumped all over this. A bit too soon, it seems.

[. . .]

And, as it turns out, Poole's writings include no brain-eating dead folks.

What they do contain, Winchester police Detective Steven Caudill testified yesterday, is evidence that he had tried to solicit seven fellow students to join him in a military organization called No Limited Soldiers.

[. . .]


Just another fucked up kid in Jesusland. My sincere apologies to the grandparents.

Note to MSM (Murdoch Seduced Media-© TCF): This is called a 'retraction'. As you can see, I'm admitting I was wrong and I'm putting it up on the front page for all to see, not in fine print or buried on the original post. Take the hint, assholes.

No comments: