Monday, August 22, 2005

Collective stupid

I told you, my tolerance for stupid evaporated a long time ago. I meant to blog on this over the weekend, but it fell through the cracks. (Actually, the Mrs. and I were having fun this weekend and I forgot.) Digby:

Mary Fowler, 54, Housekeeper

Why do you think gas prices are so high?

From what I've read, they say it's because of the Iraq war. I've also read about alternatives to gas and even automobiles that use alternatives, but for some reason, the big oil companies bought up the patents for that, so it's not just the Iraq war and it's not President Bush's fault. He gets blamed for everything, but it's not his fault. It's just greed from other people. I feel like the president is doing everything he can to help.

[. . .]

So you believe we're acting as peacemakers in Iraq?

Yes and we're protecting the innocent. Muslims want to rule the world. They want to take over the whole world. That's their evil purpose.

[. . .]

Where do you get your information about the war?

The Bible and the 700 Club. I also listen to preachers who know what's going on. Pat Robertson.

[. . .]

What does it mean to be a Republican?

Republicans pick the people who believe like we do.

You mean believe in the Bible?

Yes and godly principles. If we kick god out, we'll be like other countries that have AIDS, sickness and poverty. God created the earth, he created the rules and he knows what's best for everybody.

Unfortunately, we have AIDS, sickness and poverty in this country.

Yes, because we allow homosexuality.

You blame homosexuality for AIDS, sickness and poverty?

Well, sometimes people are innocent. This nation is in trouble. The ACLU are run by communists and funded by communists. What does that tell you? They want to take god away from us.

[. . .]


I'm sorry, but Ms. Fowler and everyone else who thinks the same way are a buncha idiots. This is the 21st Century, you fucking assholes. Wake up and smell the coffee. My German may be coming out, but you people shouldn't be allowed to breed; you're far too stupid. President Miserable Failure shouldn't be a role model to you, he should be a warning.

No comments: