Saturday, August 6, 2005

Dear Mrs. Kerry

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'm going to suggest an idea that Bush/Cheney/Rove will hate. That alone should make this post worth reading, shouldn't it?

One year ago tomorrow, August 5th, the sleazy Swift Boat crowd ran their first attack ad on your husband.

[. . .]

Which means if you want justice, you're going to have to do it yourself.

I know what I would do if my spouse was lied about and smeared. I'd spend part of my vast fortune fighting back. And while my vast fortune is not quite in the same league (same universe!) as yours, doesn't that actually make it even more reasonable a suggestion? (Granted, it's totally unfair that I, who don't even know you, make any comment at all -- but that doesn't make this a bad idea.)

After all, 10% of your fortune would buy a huge ad campaign; yet it still leaves you with a decent reserve.

[. . .]


Good letter and a good idea. Read the rest at the Huffington Post. (Hat tip: Colorado Vets)

No comments: