Sunday, February 26, 2006

And just a gripe

I got a problem with people wearing the uniform when they didn't serve. Now, I wear BDU pants to work every day, instead of the usual blue mechanic's uniform pants, because I like the abundance of pockets (I can jam tools and parts in 'em) and they're comfortable and durable. I still wear some I was issued 25 years ago. I love 'em.

I realize that the kids wear 'em as a fad nowadays too. I got no problem with that because they're kids and I remember what it was like to be cool when you're young. The problem I have is grown people giving the idea they actually contributed to the defense of this nation when they haven't. You don't know how many people come up to me and ask where I get my stuff. I tell 'em, 'the hard way, I enlisted'.

Now, I also realize it's a petty gripe and there are much bigger fish to fry, and it probably doesn't even warrant a post here. But when I saw this...



If the guy hadn't done his best not to serve, it probably wouldn't bother me as much.

Pic courtesy of Karena.


Update:

Christine looks at this idiot's speech to the American Legion on Friday:

...

But I know you guys aren't as gullible as his audience there in Washington today. We all know it's not freedom he's spreading, but imperialism. Imperialistic anal rape is what he's spreading. Painful, non-lubed, hold still and take it or I'll kill you ass fucking. Plain and simple.

...

No comments: