Saturday, July 1, 2006

Get them out

...

Of course, the wingnuts will be all over this, pointing out that such "bad news" is hurting the morale of the troops. blah blah blah blah blah. What's hurting their morale is being left in a situation by a bunch of self-serving politicians who are enriching themselves and their buddies by running a "war of choice", with no cost to themselves, and no end in sight. [my em]

...


Jo Fish on the troops accused of raping an Iraqi woman and killing her family to cover it up. So long as our troops are there, more and more of this is going to happen.

Update:

It hits a bit closer to home for Lurch.

...

The 502d has a long proud history of combat, tough, hard, but not murderers of women and children. I was proud to wear the "crying crow" on my left shoulder. If I had to be there, I was thankful that I was with a unit that had some pride in its history, an esprit de corps. And later I proudly wore it on my right shoulder. I felt sick when I first hear about this story and now, knowing the 502d is involved, I just feel dirty.

...

No comments: