Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Avast, mateys! There's buggery aboard!"

Billmon's on fire! "Hastert's Navy". Heh.

"I have understood what my staff's told me, and I think from that response they've handled it as well as they should. However, in 20-20 hindsight, probably you could do everything a little bit better. But if there is problem, if there was a coverup, then we should find that out through the investigation process. They'll be under oath, and we'll find out. If they did cover something up, then they should not continue to have their jobs."

Denny Hastert
Press Conference
October 10, 2006


Sir John: May I take this opportunity of emphasizing that there is no cannibalism in the Royal Navy. Absolutely none, and when I say none, I mean there is a certain amount, more than we are prepared to admit, but all new ratings are warned that if they wake up in the morning and find toothmarks at all anywhere on their bodies, they're to tell me immediately so that I can immediately take every measure to hush the whole thing up.

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Episode 32
November 23, 1972

Ah, for the good ol' days' of rum, sodomy, and the lash!

Until recently I had no idea the House followed Royal Navy tradition! Can keelhauling and walking the plank be far behind? TeeHee, I said 'behind'!

No comments: