Monday, January 15, 2007

Bush: I'm Sending More Troops To Iraq No Matter What Congress Does

Think Progress

This week, Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) introduced a resolution requiring President Bush to gain new congressional authorization before escalating the War in Iraq.

President Bush, however, says that he is going to send more troops to Iraq no matter what Congress does. Watch an excerpt from his 60 Minutes interview tonight:

It's there to watch if you've got a stronger stomach than I do.

Legal scholars on the right and left agree that Congress has the legal power to prevent an escalation or end the war completely.

Transcript:

Q: If you have the authority to put the troops in there no matter what the Congress wants to do.

BUSH: I think I've got, in this situation I do, yeah. I fully understand they could try to stop me from doing it. But I've made my decision. And we're going forward.

Congress, you've just been bitch-slapped. You gonna take it from that punk?

Probably.

No comments: