Saturday, January 6, 2007

Climate change

Since most of us are in shorts and t-shirts (it's 60 degrees here on Long Island) and have yet to get a real freeze (except for poor Gord up in them thar big hills out west), can we all agree that, aside from me being able to give my home heating oil company the finger this year, we've got a real problem on this planet?

...

Ski resorts have been struggling to survive in Europe. There's no snow, though Vermont just got a welcome boost. Still, the trends now are impossible to ignore. It all just feels wrong now, and you don't need a scientist to tell you about it. Someone just told me the cherry blossoms on the DC tidal basin are starting to bud already, this week. I haven't seen it myself but my friend is pretty reliable. What's the weather like where you are?

Fortunately, the criminally insane Republican leadership in Congress is no longer in charge:


...

No comments: