Sunday, October 14, 2007

Do Re Mi

My previous two posts are pretty dark and gloomy, so I thought I'd lighten things up a bit. Here's (sorta) Arlo singin' one of his Dad's songs. The backup group is The Dillards, whom you may remember as The Darlings on The Andy Griffith Show.

Mrs. G and myself were huge fans of this group since the early '60s, years before we met. Mrs. G liked them to the point that I'm glad the term 'groupie' with its negative connotations hadn't been invented yet. She just went to see them in concert a lot.

In the video, the guy with the 'Mayberry' T-shirt and the big grin is Doug Dillard, one of the world's best banjo pickers. I smoked a joint with him one time in the back room of The Palomino Club. He told me I had a nice grin, which, coming from him, was like Jesus telling me I was a good boy.

At this point, I went to YouTube to snag this jewel out of my favorites and was chagrined to find that embedding had been disabled by request. Shit. This means to me that the album is about to come out. While this diminishes the value of posting it right here on The Brain, it's well worth seeing and hearing, so please go check it out here. Enjoy.

No comments: