Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lynn Drury

Even a blind pig finds an acorn sometimes. I was watching Emmylou videos and found The Tipsy Chicks in 'Related Videos' covering one of her songs. That led me to Lynn Drury, whom I hadn't heard of. I watched several of her vids and chose this one because I thought y'all might like it and, well, because I like sweaty girls. As in 'Don't sweat the petty stuff. Pet the sweaty stuff.'

Here's all ya need to know about her:

San Vito di Cadore Blues Festival

Cantautrice residente a New Orleans, Lynn Drury possiede uno stile e una tonalità vocale sensuale e potente che è stata accostata ad artisti quali Lucinda Williams, Bonnie Raitt, Rickie Lee Jones, Janis Joplin, e anche Norah Jones. Questa ragazza originaria del Mississippi si è affermata sulla scena musicale di New Orleans ed oltre, unendo le sonorità funky tipiche della città con le proprie radici rurali creando uno stile personale che esce da ogni facile classificazione. Lynn ha suonato al New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, al French Quarter Festival e attraverso tutto il sud degli Stati Uniti.

Her guitar picker is Roberto Luti. Enjoy.



Thanks to BonanzaJellybn.

No comments: