Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Colbert Goes Commando

Accompanying article at The Daily Mail (UK)

Then Colbert asked if he would make a good soldier, but General Odierno said 'only if you get your haircut like these guys out here'.

As the troops cheered, Colbert stonewalled, telling the bald general: 'With all due respect sir, you're not the best advert.

'Frankly sir, its going to take more than a four-star-general to get me to cut my hair.'

At that moment, President Obama cut in via a satellite link, and told Colbert he had been eavesdropping.

'Are your spy satellites really that good?' Colbert asked.

'No, but my ears are really that big', the president replied.

'As Commander-in-chief, I hereby order you, general, to shave that man's head.'

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Obama Orders Stephen's Haircut - Ray Odierno
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorStephen Colbert in Iraq


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Sign Off - New Haircut
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorStephen Colbert in Iraq

Colbert's a good sport, but it's a good thing he's with the Army. If I'da shown up with a buzzcut like that, my Gunny woulda told me I looked like a goddam hippie and to go get a haircut. He'da told Obama the same thing.

No comments: