Friday, June 26, 2009

Since there's no other news ...

Fez:

I guess we'll have to put up with one long, one-week media circus bukkakke of freakishness about Michael Jackson ...


Sorry, Gord. It ain't gonna stop until they've milked it for everything it's worth.

And just a question: Don't any of these people have lives? Jobs? Responsibilities? Obligations?

...

"We were just lucky to be here today," said Kyle Joyce of Sacramento, who came to the hospital after hearing the news while walking on Venice Beach. "We just wanted to see it with our own eyes."

...


Me? Not so much.

I'm gonna be 47 years old in a couple months and, for the life of me, I don't get how an entertainer (or someone else famous) these people never met (and know only through their art or profession) can fill so much of their lives that they have to drop everything to "be there". But then, I still don't get the whole Elvis/cult/thing either.

And an observation: The happiest guy in the world today is South Carolina Governor Mark "I Cry For Me, Argentina" Sanford.

No comments: