Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Animal House in Afghanistan

US Embassy Guards Go Wild In Kabul: Prostitution, Brawls, And Vodka "Butt Shots"

I'm almost ashamed of myself. When I saw that headline at HuffPo, my first thought was of old school Marine embassy guards. You know I had to read on...

MoJo

Drunken brawls, prostitutes, hazing and humiliation, taking vodka shots out of buttcracks — no, the perpetrators of these Animal House-like antics aren't some depraved frat brothers. They are the private security contractors guarding Camp Sullivan, otherwise known as the US Embassy in Kabul.

Mercs again. Thank God. I have never been this glad in my life to be wrong.

Not that there's anything wrong with prostitutes and brawls, but as an old man with an old man's puritan sensibilities, I just hope there's a shot glass clenched in between those buttcracks and the vodka...

I don't want my tax dollars going to perverts, after all. Unless they're Marines.

Update:

Here's another one:

Theft, hookers, melting down Iraqi gold to make cowboy spurs? All in a day's work for private military contractors in Iraq?

I say when the last of our troops leave Iraq, we don't tell the mercs. They'll find out in due time.

No comments: