Saturday, November 28, 2009

Blues You Can Use

This is something kinda different and way cool, I think. I ran across a whole buncha audio-only Bonnie Raitt tunes while I was cruisin' YouTube. Apparently, these were recorded in '72 and the original was lost to the ages until someone remembered them and managed to access and digitize them. Go here and click 'more info' for the apocryphal tale. Thanks to ralphsims who has this 'video' broken down so the tunes are by the each.

Anyway, that led me to divShare where I glommed onto the whole hour-long deal. I think if I'm slick I can slither this thing into my computer and make a CD somehow. So far, I've gotten it into my Windows Media Player. We'll see what happens.

Mrs. G's comment was, "Is somebody gonna come charge us $20,000 for swipin' shit?". I hope not.

This is some smokin' good blues. Enjoy.



Update:

Downloaded it twice. It's in my computer somewhere, but I can't find it to save my life.

Third time's the charm. Downloaded it to RealPlayer using the Firefox feature "Download this video". Doh...

Burned it from there right onto a CD. First time I ever burned the audio off a video to CD. Worked fine. I'm so fuckin' proud of myself I could just shit. Usually I'm the idiot they couldn't proof against!

No comments: