Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just call me "Rush" ...

I threw my back out yesterday ... well, I felt a twinge on the weekend and was trying to protect it but I picked up a wheel for a Nissan Pathfinder the wrong way yesterday and put it over the top ... so I'm home, in bed, with an Oxycontin in me.

Now, I'm not a pill head and the strongest I take is aspirin, but I could see where people could get used to taking them and it getting habit-forming. The painkilling properties are pretty good and you get a nice little buzz on the side.

I'm not one to lie around and I'm the worst patient. I was in bed for 3 months with my leg in a cast (snapped an Achilles tendon) and was close to homicidal when I finally got out. This situation won't do for more than a day or two.

Now, where's that big roach ...

No comments: