Monday, August 2, 2010

Christ ...

Mr. Philadelphia*:

The gelling conservative view is that the recession happened because in 2007 businesses started worrying that future President Barack Hussein Marx Stalin Obama would implement economy destroying regulations so they all went Galt to destroy the economy ...


When I was 14, my mom gave me Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead and told me to read them. I was a voracious reader when I was a kid. When I was done, I went to her and said, "I don't know what you see in this. It's about a bunch of whiners." She took them back from me and tossed them in the trash and said "Jawohl." Unfortunately, it took me 25 more years to get what she meant.

*And I guess I should explain, finally, in case anybody noticed, why I don't refer to Atrios by name. He's a smart guy and I respect him, but by golly he's so fucking full of himself. I'm waiting for him to start referring to himself in the third person or start using the "Royal 'We'".

No comments: