Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Christ ...

I'm totally sick of all these self-appointed "morality police" who think they can deny people access or a service by dint of their subjective opinion:

The L Word star and open lesbian Leisha Hailey claims she and her girlfriend were kicked off a Southwest flight after the attendant deemed their public displays of affection inappropriate, RadarOnline.com has learned.

“I have been discriminated against by @SouthwestAir. Flt. attendant said that it was a "family" airline and kissing was not ok,” the actress posted on her Twitter account Monday afternoon.

...


You know, just fuck these people. Shit like this really pisses me off. If I ever got kicked off a flight for kissing my wife, somebody would be wondering how to get my boot out of their ass.

Bad enough you get nickel-and-dimed for every fucking thing when you buy your ticket and check your luggage. Bad enough you have to put up with the useless security bullshit just to get to your plane. Then, when you get aboard, you have to worry that some emotionally stunted Jesus freak might take exception to your wardrobe or your sexual orientation and fuck up your trip.

I hope this woman has the resources to sue Southwest into receivership. Fuck them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Fixer, you've not been treated to the "public displays of affection" that I've seen on planes. Ye gods! I don't think I'm especially narrow or prudish but heavy foreplay, near sex, or outright sex isn't usually appreciated by the folks who are forced to witness said activities. I don't know what this actress was doing but I really doubt it was a kiss on the cheek and then stop.

As it happens the so-called public displays of affection I've seen were put on by heterosexuals.

I don't understand why people seek a public place to engage in such "affectionate" displays - hetero or otherwise.

??? I would not have guessed that you and Mrs. Fixer would choose an airplane or any other public place for such activity???

Jay in N.C.

Fixer said...

Me and the Mrs. are both members of the Mile High Club, though, post 9/11 I wouldn't attempt it anymore.