Five Reasons Bobby Jindal Is Responsible For Transforming The GOP Into ‘The Stupid Party’There's a paragraph on each one.
1. He permits Louisiana schools to teach creationism.There ain't enough lipstick to make the GOP pig look good as long as stupid is as stupid does.
2. He allows state employees to be fired for being gay.
3. He has signed bills to intimidate women seeking abortions.
4. He seeks to dramatically cut taxes for the wealthy, increase taxes for everyone else.
5. He refuses to provide health care for Louisiana’s poorest.
El Rude-o weighs in.
When you live in Louisiana, you get used to a certain amount of Neanderthal savagery and brute stupidity. Sure, the education system is getting fucked beyond fucked and the state legislature thinks it's just jim-fuckin' dandy to teach that everything was created when an invisible sky wizard puked it all out, but, hey, how about that food? Sure, sex education is pretty much non-existent in a state where they have the most restrictive abortion laws in the nation, but, man, ain't that band playin' some hot zydeco? See? It's a trade-off. A state with a high sales tax, including taxes on food and clothing, lottery, and gambling, along with a state income tax, can't stay out of the red because tax cuts for rich people are so fucking important, so why not raise the sales tax even higher? It's what you get for wanting to laissez les bon temps rouler.
Other than teachers (who are really just terrorists with tenure, but, gosh, shouldn't they be armed?) protesting the shifting of public school funds to private ones run by churches and cults, there's been no real outcry against Governor Bobby Jindal and his merry band of GOP scum weasels in the legislature. But... [...]
Yeah, it's a cruel, cruel life in the Bayou State. But, hey, throw us some more beads, mister.