Saturday, July 10, 2004

Don't touch me there

Guess the Washington Times doesn't like men touching. Via Lambert at Corrente:


Holding hands is no longer enough. The two Democratic candidates can't wait to get on stage for sessions of arm-gripping, face-fondling, knee-rubbing, neck-nuzzling, thigh-slapping and bear-hugging. This is not the political love that dare not speak its name from a closet, but the contrived warmth, born of the focus group, that shouts from the rooftop. And why not? We've become the therapeutic nation of huggers and fondlers.

"I've been covering Washington and politics for 30 years [said one wire-service photographer]. I can say I've never seen this much touching between two men, publicly."
(via Washington Times)


Hey, I wanna see Kerry kiss Edwards the way Al kissed Tipper. Now that would be something. Seriously, when I see two men hugging the way they do, I see it as a good thing. These guys aren't homophobes like those fucking Christo-Fascist, Jesus freak. anti-everything, Neocon assholes. These are 'real men' confident in their manhood.

No comments: