Sunday, August 15, 2004

This is scary

From The Talking Dog:

The Bush Administration gives us its plans for the redeployment of 70,000 troops from overseas station to bases within the United States. The People's Daily report linked to here is pretty consistent with other reports I have seen and heard: Bush will announce this initiative (which will not affect-- at all-- the 130,000 plus troops in Iraq or the nearly 20,000 troops in Afghanistan) at a VFW hall in swing state Ohio. The rationale for this pullback of forces permanently based in Europe or Asia is "to be able to respond more quickly to foreign situations."

[. . .]


Entire post.

All this says to me is that President Flightsuit is planning to go somewhere else and needs a couple more divisions to do it. While I've always advocated a kid going into the military after high school if he didn't know what do do and had no college plans, if I had an 18 year old kid, I'd try to talk him out of it. All these assholes are doing is squandering our childrens' lives. And I don't want to see any more kids turned into cannon fodder.

No comments: