Sunday, September 12, 2004

Mother Nature at her best

I'm sitting in my stateroom after my morning Bloody Mary to get the juices flowing. The North Atlantic is roiling as expected for this time of the year. We're just southwest of the Irish coast after making the passage between England and the Isle of Wight (The Solent) during the night. Swells are at about 10 feet and even on this big beauty you feel it. The Queen is rockin' and I love it! As I look out over my balcony, I half expect to see a merchant convoy appear out of the mist with a cruiser at the fore and a destroyer squadron providing protection from the German U-boat threat. It's awesome, though I'm glad I'm aboard this big lady as opposed to a twenty thousand ton freighter. More later. Gotta get the Mrs. out of the jewlery store before I'm made part of the galley crew to pay for her purchases.

No comments: