Wednesday, April 26, 2006

[cough, cough] Yeah [cough, cough]

I loved Cheech and Chong long before I realized their humor was actually social and political commentary. Brought a smile to my face when I saw this at Sumo's place:

SAN FRANCISCO -- Actor and comedian Tommy Chong entertained more than 500 National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws conference-goers Friday.

"If more people were stoned there would be less violence in the world," Chong said.

...

He insinuated that President Bush was on methamphetamines.

"The dangerous thing about tweakers is they can take things apart but they can't put them back together again," Chong said. "That's what George Bush has done to this country."

...


The Chimp is on something that's for sure.

Look, I been smoking reefer for 35 years. I've never seen anybody overdose (smoke too much weed, fall asleep), wreck a car, or pick a fight after smoking pot. It's much less dangerous and habit-forming than alcohol. It's also good for the economy, the snack food industry in particular, the fact most of the marijuana consumed in this country is grown in this country. Don't they always say, "buy American"?

No comments: