Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Navel gazing

I rarely write about blogging and bloggers because, even though I've been blogging for over 2 years, I still don't get it. Well I do, but it's hard to wrap my head around the fact we're at a time in our history congruous to the days of our nation's founding, a time that would cause so much anti-government sentiment to come bubbling up to the surface, when people were so emboldened to make their voices heard. Until this administration came to power, I was never an activist, never felt inclined to confront our leaders with their mistakes and corruption. Now it feels as if it were my duty, defending my nation as I did on active duty. No, I'm not equating blogging with military service by any stretch of the imagination - trust me, sitting here in my office ranting and raving bears zero similiarity to getting shot at - but as last night's election shows, we on the Left are doing a good thing, the right thing, and we are representing the views of the majority of the American public. Yet, you wouldn't know it from our press coverage.

No comments: