Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Trolls

I wasn't gonna write about it because it's really not worth it, but since we've been graced by the presence of a couple trolls today, it got me thinking about it. I mean, it seems like wasted effort on their part. Maybe one of them can stop breaking my balls for a minute and 'splain it to me.

Do they think they're going to give one of us or our readers some sort of epiphany? That somehow, because of their idiotic arguments they're going to change someone's point of view? This is the last place to attempt that.

Are they trying to piss somebody off? That's just playing with fire. A lot of the folks who hang around here don't take kindly to people pushing their buttons. So somebody tell me what the attraction is.

I'm a live and let live guy. I don't go on right wing sites and dick with 'em. I don't waste my time for the same reasons; I certainly don't think I'll be able to convice them of anything. If they dick with my friends (Shakes in particular today) I'm gonna take exception, but I'm gonna do it here. I don't give a damn what they write about her and I'm sure she doesn't either. I don't give a damn what they write about me on their blogs.

So, back to why they bother. Do they think this is a debating society? That I will somehow give any of their arguments enough credence and credibilty to debate? Do they think I will be somehow impressed with them because they can make convoluted arguments with third grade logic? Do they somehow think their arguments will get me to respect them as men and women?

At this point, if you're still swallowing the Rethug line, you're either employed by them or a gullible fool. If you watch Fox News and believe the crap they spread, you're nothing more than a brainwashed ignoramus. If you can't see, especially after reading this page and the comments from vets who've been there, what the occupation in Iraq is doing to our military, to our security, and to our integrity then you have no idea how the world works. I certainly will never respect you.

So, trolls will be ignored from now on. No engagement, no debate, no discussion. Their statements will be left to stand for themselves. They should take into account, however, that eventually I will get fed up.

So tell me, trolls. Why do you bother?

No comments: