Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's happening ...

This week was a good week for those of us who are sick and tired of seeing Bush administration scandals surface and then be swept under the rug by the White House and the 109th Congress. For those of us who've been living in Left Blogtopia (y!sctp!) over the past few years, I ask this. Remember the 'Downing Street Memos'? Remember how the Rethugs thwarted every one of John Conyers' attempts to schedule a hearing, let alone to reserve a hearing room? I think the Rethugs let him have a closet. The MSM only gave it about 30 seconds' time one day and then it was shoved aside.

Not no more, ladies and germs. 'Berto's going before Congress to 'splain himself and a whole buncha generals have been cashiered for something other than speaking the truth. The waste in Iraq has been uncovered and publicized and many Republican voters have opened their eyes (this is anecdotal but I work in the reddest county in NY and I hear it from my customers). People are allowing themselves to believe what all us dirty hippies have been saying for years.

We've been fortunate to see Fox 'News' take some big hits lately too, the Rethug propaganda machine finally being exposed for what it is, and we got to see Dems use their newfound testicles to tell Murdoch and Ailes where to get off. Truly amazing; didn't think they had it in 'em.

I know many of us don't feel things have moved fast enough since November. Hell, I don't either, but they are moving. I'm positive next week will bring more bad news and circumstance; it has to because the light is starting to shine on their corruption and that light won't be snuffed out for a while. Things will work out ... eventually.

My only fear is when the White House gets desperate, still with finger on trigger. I do not put anything past them to preserve their power and that will be the most dangerous time, when Cheney and the Chimp feel backed into a corner. We'll see, but if progress comes at the current rate, I'll be one happy camper.

No comments: