Thursday, May 17, 2007

Refining the target

Seems the NJANG needs some remedial ground attack training. As I sit here and watch the NJ Pine Barrens burn on my TV, thanks to a couple flares popped off by an NJ F-16 on a training mission, I consider myself lucky that I never had to call in air from these guys:

...

Lt. Col. James Garcia, a spokesman for the New Jersey Air National Guard, said it was believed a flare dropped from one its F-16s may have started the blaze, though an investigation was ongoing.

The range was the same facility from which a National Guard jet accidentally strafed an elementary school with large-caliber rounds in 2004 during a training exercise.

...

In 2001, an errant Air National Guard practice bomb caused a fire that burned more than 1,600 acres in the Pine Barrens. [my ems]


Real good, fellas.

No comments: