Sunday, July 1, 2007

"Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Holy-Rollers and the Neo-Cons Destroyed the GOP."

I watch Bill Moyers' Journal every Friday night. It never disappoints. This past Friday, he interviewed Victor Gold, a long-time GOP man who's had it with what's been done to his party and our political process and wrote a book whose title is the title of this post.

I like the fact that he calls the whackjob religious right "Holy Rollers". It puts them in their place and describes them accurately as the batshit crazy theocons they are. I'm going to use it a lot, I think.

You can see the interview here, with transcript, and more about the book here (don't ask why I chose to link to a fly fishing blog. I don't know either.). I'm not recommending you buy this book, but it'll probably be remaindered before too long and you'll be able to get it at the supermarket for $3. Repugs don't want to read the truth, if they can read at all, and Dems already know it.

Also see Eleanor Clift's take.

Also see this from Mr. Gold:

Former Bush Speechwriter Hints at 9/11 Inside Job

No comments: