Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A blast from the past

Light to no blogging today. I got an old pal coming over that I haven't seen in about twenty years. He's in Reno to meet his daughter's fiance. She's at UNR. Last time I saw her, she was a babe in arms. Gulp. Tempus flat fuckin' fugits don't it?

Anyway, when Mrs. G heard about this, I got my orders, something to the effect of "get this fuckin' pigsty cleaned up!" So, good husband that I am, that's what I'm up to today.

I'll leave ya with this from Tony Peyser:

And finally: the percent of Army recruits with a high school diploma dropped last year, continuing a trend that has worsened since the start of the Iraq war. An army spokesman emphatically insisted, "I is not so sure that all the fact is right in this reports."

So what's new? Sounds like my recruiter...

Later.

Update:

Arnie and Vivian aren't coming 'til tomorrow. They're going to Virginia City today. In my impish way I reminded them that while they're walkin' around up there to keep in mind that there's nothing for 2000 feet beneath them except rotting timbers...

I'm just done cleaning the guest bathroom. I think I'd rather chip all the paint off USS Ronald Reagan. Not only would it probably be less work, I'd get a warm glow from smackin' him her repeatedly with the chippin' hammer.

No comments: