Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good. God.

I've written many times before that the neocons who've run this show into the ground for the past 8 years, longer if you count from Newt's 'Contract with America' days, think they're qualified to run a country after watching Star Trek and 24 reruns incessantly. Sadly, no:

...

Now a fixture at Department of Homeland Security science and technology conferences, SIGMA is a loosely affiliated group of science fiction writers who are offering pro bono advice to anyone in government who want their thoughts on how to protect the nation.


The fact that my tax dollars are going to buy juice and cookies for these schmendricks makes me feel all warm inside.

...


Please, please let me wake up one morning to realize that this has been one long bizarre dream induced by my use of LSD in the late '70s. In the past 15 years we have drifted so far from reality that somebody has to be under the influence of hallucinogens, be it I or the people in charge.

I'm going to work now. Tomorrow, I get to see if I have to pay more than $4 for a gallon of regular gas. Now that's reality.

No comments: