Thursday, June 12, 2008

Later, 'bator

I'm off to get the windshield replaced in my old Dakota. Man, having a driver's license is expensive!

Update:

Windshield appointment at 9AM at Auto Glass Express, home by 10. "Don't get it washed or go 4-wheelin' fer a coupla days. Gotta let the glue dry." They did a nice job.

Made a coupla discoveries in the 45 minutes the glass job took.

First, they directed me to the Full Belly Deli, which will have a site at fbdtruckee.com pretty soon. Very nice sandwich & coffee shop/internet cafe for being in an industrial park out here in Shit's Creek. It's the first time I've seen a Cuban sandwich on a menu, so I tried one. On jalapeño cheddar bread, actually a little loaf of it. Excellent. First time in history I've had to take the second half of a sandwich home, to Mrs. G's lunchtime benefit. That joint will rate future visits.

Second, I went across the street to visit my pal John, who in a spirit of cameraderie clapped me on the shoulder. Right on the tattoo I got on Tuesday. Lesson? Ouch! John's comment, "I thought ya wuz tougher'n that..."

No comments: