Monday, August 18, 2008

Indeed!

Nightshift says it far better than I could:

... Look, I'm a Methodist, and the fact that the two major candidates are addressing their personal religious beliefs in their very first pseudo-debate irks me. I have little doubt that it must be even more aggravating for the agnostics and atheists here. These men are running for the highest political office at a time when there are a multitude of problems. They could be addressing foreign policy, the economy, fiscal policy, banking policy, energy policy... even something low-intensity like agricultural policy would at least be appropriate. But their faith is the lead-off? This does not bode well for anyone who had hoped to see the state disentangle itself from religion (and vice versa) in the next administration.

...


Personally, it downright pisses me off. Were I running, I would have told God-boy to suck my ass (ass: 1 each; big, white, hairy) and he and McCain could jerk each other off for a couple hours. I don't give a fucking damn what my President worships and I have a big fucking problem when a Dem goes to pander to the Jesus freaks.

Running this nation has nothing to do with god. It's about the will of the people.

No comments: