Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better

In my never-ending quest to bring you only the finest in music and history, here's one that combines 'em. A little historical perspective: this was before Vietnam was in the public consciousness, white kids discovered weed, color TV, the 'Summer of Love' and hippies, and titty bars. Go-Go dancing was hot stuff in those days. Ask yer Grandma, who is probably blushing furiously at the memory. This was in between the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, and the sister dancing on the left and the mixed crowd was pretty cutting edge. It was prior to The Age Of Aquarius and social consciousness. Kids were just starting to think for themselves in matters other than music and dress instead of going along with their elders.

I missed it all. In '65 I wore my hair very short, dressed like all the other guys, didn't watch much TV, and the only go-go dancers, or girls of any kind for that matter, were in the bars in Jacksonville NC and didn't mix with the scum of the earth like me, as Marines were seen by the townies. I had some catchin' up to do after I got out. Heh.

This song is dedicated to George W. Bush, who missed it all as well and hasn't caught up yet and never will.


The Byrds 1.0

No comments: