Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend whorage

The next chapter of Birthright is up at The Practical Press.

Sorry I ain't been around much this weekend but I been working my ass off on the house.

And for your listening pleasure, I do something a bit out of character. People who know me know I love most kinds of music, save opera and country music (and I can only take Broadway show tunes in very small doses) ... in general.

To me, opera sounds like somebody doing something bad to a cat, and country music sounds like somebody doing something bad to a sheep. That said, I enjoy a lot of the country selections Gord posts and there are a few operatic pieces I like. This one, for instance. The Habanera aria from Bizet's Carmen. It still sounds like someone doing something bad to a cat, but something about it grabs me.



Angela Gheorghiu - Habanera


And as a complete counterpoint, one of my favorite artists, genres, and tunes.



Bob Marley and the Wailers - Buffalo Soldier

No comments: