Sunday, November 30, 2008

Feels like home ...

My neighbor Blondie travels to Maine to find it's a lot like where she lives on Long Island:

...

I found out that every single thing that ever happened in this country including the economic meltdown and the bombings in Mumbai can be traced back to the Clinton administration. Bill Clinton outed CIA operative Valerie Plame too. I was given specifics but I can't remember them all. So I had to agree with it all and added that the Clinton presidency contributed to Bush's drinking problem.

...

I politely asked these lovely people where they got all this information that I didn't know and the resounding answer was Fox News because it was fair and balanced. It was strongly suggested that I watch that channel so that I could find out how much trouble we are in. Oh I will. I will! And I thought that only lefties were the conspiracy theorists. Silly me. [my em]

...


I hear it every day from some of my idiot customers (I work in Nassau County) but, unlike my well-mannered pal, I tell 'em what dumbasses they really are. For supposedly one of the most progressive places in the country, we certainly have a lot of ignorant assholes.



K T Tunstall - Under The Weather


Under this national rain cloud
I'm getting soaked to the skin
Trying to find my umbrella
But I don't know where to begin

And it's simply irrational weather
Can't even hear myself think
Constantly bailing out water
But still like I'm gonna sink

Coz I'm under the weather
Just like the world
So sorry for being so bold
When I turn out the light
You're out of sight
Although I know that I'm not alone
Feels like home

...

[Lyric]

No comments: