Friday, May 8, 2009

We're taking attendance ...

As we all know, church 'goership' is down considerably lately. Now, I care less what religious folks do as long as they don't try to make me do it too, but I'm wondering if a lot more folks came to the epiphany I did so many years ago. My neighbor Blondie has some good thoughts on the subject:

...

Church goers are increasingly being associated with conservative bigots. I started noticing it in the 1980's. This is a reason why many adults I know don't attend church anymore and don't want to be associated with any religion. Those of us who actually grew up with 'Christian values' wonder what happened to them and why hating gays and banning abortion are the only issues of the day.


Probably true, as opposed to chucking religion completely as I did (I said a final goodbye to the Catholic Church when I saw the horrors in the world - war, starvation, hopelessness - first hand and wondered how a supposedly benevolent god could let it continue for centuries, many times in His name) while still in my teens. Ah well, whatever, as long as they stay out of the government.

I'm going to work. TGIF!

No comments: