Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Danger! Beyond here be Negroes...

Jason Linkins on the travel advice offered to Miss Becky's suckers customers sheep who plan to go to the fearsome Big City for his hopefully under-attended "take back civil rights for the Repugs who opposed it" rally this coming weekend.

A blogger at Maine Refounders(*) has taken it upon himself to offer repost a DC visitors guide to anyone coming to the Rally For Glenn Beck's Material Wealth, scheduled for August 28th. So, if you want some not-half bad restaurant recommendations or are interested in learning how you can avoid Nancy Pelosi's house, get thee hence. That said, I find this take on the DC Metro system to be sort of comical:

*Comical rightie nutjobs. If they were funny.

As someone who rides the Green and Yellow Lines all the time, I can assure you that there are no "rules" that state these subway lines must be avoided at all times, especially at night. But then, I guess I'm not using "A Cliche-Ridden Guide To Avoiding The Black People On The Subway In Washington" as a rulebook. Ironically, one needs to ride the Green/Yellow line in order to visit the National Archives, where the Constitution of the United States is housed. (Not that these rally attendees have any particular reverence for that document.)

Look, Glenn Beck rally attendees, if there's one essential piece of information you need to know, it is this: DO NOT STAND TO THE LEFT ON THE ESCALATORS UNLESS YOU ENJOY BEING MOCKED AND ABUSED. Just remember to stand to the right on the escalators, and your visit will be more than pleasant.

UPDATE: DCist provides the essential Google Map, revealing the tiny sliver of Washington, DC deemed fit to visit. I'd point out that where I live -- Arlington County -- is generally very safe and hospitable to visitors. The problem for rally attendees is that it's also packed stem to stern with progressives! (Cower in the shadows of the Mercatus Center, I guess?)

I went to D.C. once. The only places I visited were Cap'n Guy's and The Rocket Room. I have no idea what neighborhood they were in.

Update:

I looked 'em up:

the Rocket Room, an early rock club at 12th Street and New York Avenue near the old Greyhound Bus Station

Wasn't no music there that I can remember, just beer.

I looked up the other one too. Nuttin', honey. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers it.

No comments: