Friday, April 1, 2011

Maybe I do need one...

When I turned 65 I started getting all kinds of ads for old people shit, including the little electric scooters.

Just as an aside, a lot of these have 'disconnect' switches in the back. The operator can't reach it from the seat. I had a lotta fun with this feature at the VA hospital. Vets ain't exactly known for being politically correct, but we wouldn't leave the guy stranded for much longer than for him to realize he'd been had. I don't do it to the old farts who use 'em at the supermarket. But I digress.

One of the features of the scooter ads is usually something like "If one of the following has happened to you, you need our scooter!"

Q: Have you fallen in the last year?

A: Yeah, I fell off my trials bike, dipshit.

Here's one I could live with. I wonder if Medicare will pay for it...:


Thanks to colinfurze, UK.

No comments: