Thursday, January 19, 2012

You know ...

If you're too stupid to remember you have a gun in your bag when boarding a plane (especially after 9/11), maybe you shouldn't be allowed to carry.

A 65-year-old woman was arrested this morning at the Dallas airport after police said she passed through security with a .38-caliber revolver in her purse and boarded a Houston-bound American Airlines flight, according to news reports.

...

NBC 5 has video of the woman being questioned. The station reports that she told police she forgot the gun was in her bag.

...

But in Texas, I would think, this qualifies you to run for governor.

8 comments:

Grandpa Eddie said...

Doesn't say much for the TSA screeners in Dallas now does it.

Gordon said...

That's what I was going to say. great minds...

Grandpa Eddie said...

Yup, that's us Gord.....great minds. 8^)

Anonymous said...

Well, we had a state legislator (Republican, of course) who pulled the same boneheaded stunt at one of our airports.

...And then you wonder why things are so screwed up out here on the left coast...

Fixer said...

Don't get me started on the TSA.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Sounds like you've had some "fun" with them at some point, Fixer.

Fixer said...

Dude, I been jacked up more than anybody I know. The Mrs. travels for 3 months of the year on business and she doesn't get jacked up as much as I do. Even the Europeans have gotten in on it. Thing is, I get jacked up when I leave Europe. Paris, Frankfurt, London, I been pulled aside for a "random enhanced screening" as I'm trying to get home. I get the feeling I'm not that "random" anymore and somebody is looking for any excuse not to let me back into the country.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Maybe someone has been reading all the great stuff you post here and think you might be one of them sympathizers.

The Mrs and I have discussed about me getting a passport (basically for ID) but we both figure I'm on some govt no fly list and they won't give me one.