Thursday, April 19, 2012

Raese Compares No Smoking to Hitler's Jewish Star

It's getting harder and harder to find wingnut stupidity that's unique enough to bother posting on it. This one takes the fucking cake. So far today anyway.

Political Wire, video if you must:

West Virginia U.S. Senate candidate John Raese (R) compared no smoking laws to one of Adolf Hitler's most notorious policies.

Said Raese: "I don't want government telling me what I can do and what I can't do because I'm an American. But in Monongalia County you can't smoke a cigarette, you can't smoke a cigar, you can't do anything... I have to put a huge sticker on my buildings to say this is a smoke free environment. This is brought to you by the government of Monongalia County. OK? Remember Hitler used to put Star of David on everybody's lapel, remember that? Same thing."

Godwin is LHMFAO.

2 comments:

Fixer said...

If Mayor Bloomberg had his way, you wouldn't be able to smoke in your own house.

Anonymous said...

I think NYC already tried that and will probably give it another go.