Friday, October 19, 2012

Old Southie Chooses Tagg Off

This was so good! Via Raw Story.

Lawrence O’Donnell to ‘Taggart’ Romney: Your dad is a liar so ‘take a swing at me’

“The flawlessly consistent, intergenerational combat cowardice of Romney men makes today’s threat of physical violence from a Romney man all the more surprising,” the MSNBC host added, referring to Tagg Romney’s desire to deck the president.

O’Donnell then looked into the camera and spoke directly to “Taggart”:
O'Donnell lapsed back into a little of his Southie accent for this. Fabulous! Here's the transcript. Go see the video.

When I hear you talking about taking a swing and taking punches, why do I get the feeling that you’ve never actually taken a punch? Or thrown a punch? I didn’t have that luxury in the part of Boston that I grew up in. But in your rich, suburban Boston life, with your father filling a $100 million trust fund for you, I don’t know, I just get the feeling that things were kind of different for you.

Now, I know you’ve got a lot — a lot to be pissed off at these days, starting with the name Taggart, which you got every right to be wicked pissed off at for every day for the 42 years of your life. So, let me try to help you deal with all this aggression you’re feeling right now.

You’re mad at President Obama for calling your father a liar? Well, let’s get something straight, he didn’t call your father a liar, I did. The president just said that what your father said isn’t true. I’ve been saying all year that your father is a liar, I’ve repeatedly said that your father lies and is trying to lie his way into the White House.

You want to take a swing at someone for calling your old man a liar? Take a swing at me. Come on, come on. And don’t worry, there won’t be any Secret Service involved. Just us. And I’ll make it easy for you, I’ll come to you. Anytime, anywhere.”

“Go ahead, Taggart, take your best shot,” O’Donnell concluded.
Lawrence knows damn well he won't ever have to make good on it because the Romney boys are fuckin' privileged punks and won't take him up on it. They have people to do that. Even if Tagg summoned up the sack, or lost his fuckin' mind, and actually tried it, O'Donnell could probably kick his ass anyway.

I should say by way of disclosure that I was a privileged punk too. A hitch in the Marine Corps got me over that. For all their money, the Romneys never had that advantage and are still and will remain punks.

Here's my take on Tagg's "liar" comment - he wasn't pissed off at Obama for calling his dad a liar so much as he was pissed off that the help had the audacity to talk back to him. The "little people" (anybody but them) just don't do that in their elitist world, and they can't fire Obama for insubordination. It must hurt them to the quick to find out dissent against their views is allowed outside their bubble.

Welcome to our world, sonny. I hope you choke on it.

5 comments:

BadTux said...

Ole Tagger coulda done with some of that Marine seasoning. But I'm guessin' that serving in the military, for the Romney family, is something for the little people to do -- not them. Daddy's "service" in France sorta makes that clear.

David Aquarius said...

Twenty bucks says Larry drops him on the first punch. Taggert goes down with a load of crocodile tears and a "Mumsy, he hit me!" soon to follow.

Then he sics the kitchen staff on O'Donnell.

A stint in the Marines would have been a disaster for these fobs. Putting a Romney Man in the Marines would be like putting an Alka-Seltzer in water.

Larry vs. Tagg - Pay-per-view! I'd fork over a fin or two to see that!

montag said...

Fuhgeddabout the Marines, Taggert would be dead meat in Southie.

Gordon said...

You guys get it! Heh.

Anonymous said...

If any of the Rmoney boys had gone into the military, it would have been through officer training school, and they'd come out as officers.

Thank heaven that didn't happen.