Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Quote of the Day

El Rude-o from his post about some dumbass song:

This notion that Christians or whites or straights are persecuted or under attack is utter bullshit. Is anyone taking away any rights from you? No? So you're equating "persecution" with someone saying "you're wrong." The thing is that white, straight, Christian (mostly) men are shit-scared of their power dwindling so they have to make themselves into victims. They have to shut down progress because they see it as just an attack on them.
The "culture war" in a nutshell.

2 comments:

syrbal/Labrys said...

Yeah, they go from hubris to whining without missing a beat. I am being bitched out on a legal blog by someone defending the N. Carolina Representative saying she won't have Islamic prayer to open sessions because she is against "terrorism". My annoyed contender is telling me I am ignorant of my Bible and soon, I expect to be told I am hellbound. After that? Yeah, they will cry victim for us all 'not knowing Jesus'.

Gordon said...

Tell 'em to get fucked. :-)