Wednesday, November 3, 2004

I hope you're satisfied

I hope everyone who voted for Bush gets what they wished for. Has this country lost its collective mind? This is not the nation I put my ass on the line for. Depressing. My first order of business when I get home from work today is to start checking the real estate listings . . . in Paris.

Anybody interested in a 3200 square foot, 4br, 2 bath home on a 1/2 acre plot on Long Island? Time to leave.

Update: 05:44:

Andy Card just came on and declared victory for Bush. Well that settles it. I just re-looked at the Ohio count and it looks like it's gonna be Bush there. Here's what you can look forward to:

  • Repeal of Roe v. Wade.


  • Supreme Court removes the barrier beween Church and State.


  • Homosexuality will be illegal.


  • A Draft.


  • Oil drilling in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge.


  • Even less standing in the international commuity.


  • Evangelical Christianity becoming the official religion of the nation.


  • The end of Social Security.


  • The loss of even more of our civil rights


  • A Republican majority in the House and Senate that will rubber stamp every one of GWB's hare-brained schemes.


  • Faith-based everything


  • Yup, time to learn French.

    Oh, and you know how they always say that the nation has to come together to support the President? Fuck 'em. I ain't supporting anything Republican. I've gone from sad to really pissed off in the past couple hours. I'm even thinking a Blue State cessession from the Union. Fuck 'em. Leave em everything between the Rockies and the Appalachians and we'll take the rest. At this point, I'm so pissed, I think I'd support a Civil War redux.

    Update: 06:15:

    Oh, and a word of warning to YOU, Mr. Bush. If my wife gets hurt or killed in another terrorist attack in Manhattan, you're gonna answer to me personally. You don't want to put me in a position where I have nothing to live for. Yeah, I know what I'm saying, Secret Service be damned.

    No comments: