Monday, May 9, 2005

Tagged and snagged

I was trying to lay low, but Ol' Yella snagged me.

A. Top Five Lyrics that Move Your Heart:

"You're my castle, you're my cabin, you're my instant pleasure dome
I need you in my house 'cause you're my home" - You're My Home - Billy Joel

"If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you
Mountains crumble to the sea, but there will still be you and me" - Thank You -Led Zepplelin (Our wedding song, by the way)

"I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive, Wanted dead or alive" - Wanted, Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi (My old squadron song, by the way)

"But with any other beat I got left in my heart, You know I’d rather be damned with you
If I gotta be damned you know I wanna be damned, Dancing through the night with you" - Bat out of Hell - Meat Loaf

"O'er the land of the Free
and the home of the Brave" - Star Spangled Banner - Francis Scott Key

Honorable Mention: "I met a gin-soaked barroom queen in Memphis" -Tumblin' Dice - Rolling Stones

B. Top 5 Instrumentals:

Moby Dick - Led Zeppelin

Jessica - Allman Bros.

On The Run - Pink Floyd

Fanfare for the Common Man - Aaron Copeland

1812 Overture - Piotr Iliych Tchaikovskiy

C. Top 5 Live Musical Experiences:

Grateful Dead - Radio City Music Hall, NYC - 1978

Crosby, Stills, and Nash - Lake Compounce, Bristol CT - 1986

AC/DC - Market Garden Arena, Indianapolis IN - 1984

Meat Loaf - Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale NY - 1995

Billy Joel - Reunion Arena, Dallas TX - 1984

D. Top Five Artists You Think More People Should Listen To:

Unicorn - A German band out of Kaiserslautern

Frank Zappa

Bond

4 Non Blondes

Van Morrison

E. Top Five Albums You Must Hear From Start to Finish:

Apostrophe - Frank Zappa

Bat out of Hell - Meat Loaf

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, ladies and gentlemen, Emerson Lake and Palmer - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

Supernatural - Santana

Zofo - Led Zeppelin

F. Top Five Musical Heroes:

Jon Entwistle - The Who

Mick Jagger - Rolling Stones

Frank Zappa - FZ

Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin

Kieth Moon - The Who/Bono - U2

No comments: