Friday, March 24, 2006

Dog Days

This might be my last post for a couple days. Mrs. G has been working overtime to find us a new dog. It worked. We gotta go to good ol' Burbank to pick up Tami (She was right on top when I linked. If not, scroll down. "Adoption Pending" is us) through the good graces of English Springer Rescue America. We had to apply to them as prospective adopters, and a local rep actually called (from three blocks away!) and interviewed me to deem our suitability. My part of the deal was to charm the britches, figuratively speaking of course, off the gals who make up the volunteers for this outfit. I still got it!

There were six applicants for this pup, but we got her because I'm pretty much retired and have the time to spend with her that she needs. We raised one from a puppy, but mostly we've adopted adults that didn't need too much parenting. This one does, and I'm up for it.

Anyway, I'll have mini-Hal with me so I'll probably be checking in, but this is a whirlwind trip and we want time for brief visits with a coupla old pals as well. I'll be ba-ack.

Remember: "Until there are none, Adopt one."

No comments: