Friday, May 12, 2006

Men...again

Cenk Uygur has problems with some (mainly the Republican part) of our gender, just as I do:

...

You see, I don't think you're tough at all. I think you're a little coward who is ready to give up all your rights at the first sign of trouble. You're so scared of big bad Al Qaeda, you're willing to cede your liberties to George Bush because he promises to protect your sorry ass. Millions of men have died protecting our freedoms, but you're so frightened by a bunch of guys in a cave in Afghanistan, you're willing to give up many of those freedoms they died for. I am repulsed by your weakness.

Smerconish (the only name in America that might be more ridiculous than mine), you half man, half pussy -- come out, come out wherever you are.

Violence is seldom the answer. But it is in this case. An organized, controlled, consensual beat down. You agree to fight me, and I agree to crush you. Of course, I don't want anyone getting the wrong message. I am not advocating vigilante justice against idiotic conservative talk show hosts. I don't want anyone else to kick Smerconish's ass. Just me.

...


Maybe it is time to challenge these enabling assholes to throw down or shut up. I offer (and would be honored) to stand as Cenk's second, just in case this asshole has to bring friends.

Update:

I found this article over at Farnsworth's place and I felt it related. While the armchair warriors of the 101st Fighting Keyboarders sit in mommy's basement, calling all of us who give a shit sissies, the folks who are fighting the war the 101st helped lie us into are having real problems. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the 'warriors' of the 101st don't have to deal with the consequences of killing their fellow man in some of the most horrible ways imaginable:

Less than one-quarter of the U.S. military's Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans who show signs of post-traumatic stress are referred for additional mental health treatment or evaluation, a government study finds.

...

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said in a letter to the Army's Surgeon General, Lt. Gen. Kevin Kiley, that the report's figures represent a health care emergency. She asked him to "take immediate steps to rectify this deplorable lack of care for our men and women in uniform and to notify me as soon as possible for your plans in this regard."

...


Use 'em up and throw 'em away, that's the way it goes in Bushworld. Real warriors take care of their own.

No comments: