Tuesday, May 9, 2006

The unsinkable...

Molly Ivins:

...

I don't care what anyone smoked 20 years ago, I approve of those who boogie till they puke, and I don't care who anyone in politics is screwing in private, as long as they're not screwing the public.

On other hand, if you expect me to pass up a scandal involving poker, hookers and the Watergate building with crooked defense contractors and the No. 3 guy at the CIA, named Dusty Foggo (Dusty Foggo?! Be still my heart), you expect too much. Any journalist who claims Hookergate is not a legitimate scandal is dead - has been for some time and needs to be unplugged. In addition to sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, Hookergate is rife with public-interest questions, misfeasance, malfeasance and non-feasance, and many splendid moral points for the children. Recommended for Sunday school use, grades seven and above.

...


After living in Texas for a couple years, there's little I like about the place. I hated the cracker mentality and the intolerance to anyone who wasn't Texan, let alone American. That said, Texas has given us a national treasure in Molly Ivins.

Big tip o' the Brain to litbrit at Shakes'.

No comments: