Sunday, November 12, 2006

And now,for something completely different...

Me and my manly men are going to Florida for a turkey day extravaganza with my inlaws. We're hauling the Harley down with us,and on Thursday after an early dinner,the hubby and I are leaving the kiddo with the grandparents in Miami and we're going to Key West for a couple of days on the bike. We leave a week from Tuesday(11/21)and we'll be back on Monday(11/27). Should be fun. Except that drive to Miami from Atlanta and back,christ on a crutch, what a boring stretch of highway that is.

I won't have internet access,and don't want it,lol. It also means,if the weather holds,this week I'm not gonna be around much,I have shit to secure and put away outside before we leave,plants to protect from the weather,that sort of thing.

A few days after we get home,I'm scheduled for a consult with a reconstructive dentist and an oral surgeon. In my misspent youth I had no dental insurance and I have old mercury amalgam fillings(some are 35 yrs old) that are deteriorating my teeth.I have vertical hairline fractures in all my molars,little slivers are breaking off,not good.Those factors have caught up with me,and it's time to suck it up and deal with it before things get gruesome. I've been putting it off,as Moms often do,making sure the kiddo's teeth are lovely while neglecting my own.Hopefully I won't have a heart attack and deep wretching nausea when they tell me how much it's all gonna cost. This means I may be spending alot of time lying around on pain meds now and then until this process is finished. I'll let you know before I go into hibernation mode,if it comes to that.

No comments: